WHAT IS ECO DRIVING?
Eco-driving is a style of driving that saves energy (fuel) consumption, reduces air pollution emission and creates safe and relaxed driving atmosphere.Â Eco driving is about improving driving techniques to save fuel and reducing your carbon footprint.
By applying this eco driving techniques you can contribute to an average fuel saving of 5-10%.
Who is the training programme for?
This training programme has been developed for drivers of:
- Light rigid vehicles
- Heavy rigid vehicles
- Combination vehicles
- Chauffer service
- Passenger vehicles
It has been designed to:
- Create awareness of the impact of transport on the economy and environment during the course of their daily activities and duties.
- Enable learners to acquire knowledge and information and to master the necessary skills required to drive more efficiently.
- The emphasis is on learning how to save fuel and minimise the effects of vehicle emissions on human health and the environment.
What you will learn during this one day course:
- The impact of pollution on our environment
- The effect of emission gas on our environment
- Adapting a driving style that reduces fuel consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and accident rates
- The driving style involves a number of activities that begin even before the engine in turned on
- It includes: route planning, basic vehicle checks, acceleration, braking, Â changing of gears, loading, maintaining speed, tyre pressure, vehicle maintenance, anticipation of traffic and many more.